Why cleaning your carpet is more important than you might think. It is a common misconception that only visibly dirty carpets should be deep cleaned; however, here are some dirty secrets your carpet isn’t showing you:
- A carpet that appears clean can hide as much as a pound of dirt per square yard.
- The carpet in your home could be seven times dirtier than a city street.
- 2,000 dust mites can live on one ounce of carpet dust.
- 80 percent of the dirt in your house walks in through the door on people’s feet.
- Some of the most common allergens can bury themselves in your carpets, causing your family to sniffle and sneeze.
Ok- I think you get the point. Our carpets can get gross! That’s why the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends deep cleaning your carpets every six months. A hot water extraction method, like ours , gets deep in between the fibers of your carpet to remove dirt, grime and allergens.
If you have kids and/or pets, regular deep cleanings are extra important. Not only do kids and pets bring in more dirt and dander, but they also are more likely to come in contact with the carpet itself, which may expose them to allergens or other bacteria.
The benefits are also visible. Regularly deep cleaning your carpet will reduce wear patterns and help your carpet to last longer. Be sure to seek out carpet care Professionals that are certified by the I.I.C.R.C. This will help ensure that your carpets are cleaned properly. Failure to do so might even void the warranty from the carpet manufacturer.
Don’t let your carpet become a dirt and germ factory. Keep your family (and your carpets) healthy by deep cleaning with a visit from Whip City Cleaning every 6 to 12 months.
For additional carpet cleaning tips, be sure to check out our website.
Feel free to call us at 413-568-6680